CHILDREN’S HOUSE ASSISTANT Full time position for fall
An assistant guide is that individual who supports the lead guide in overseeing an individual child or group in an early childhood setting. The main roles of the assistant guide are to support the lead in guiding children, developing and implementing an age appropriate and culturally diverse curriculum that supports the domains (cognitive, emotional, physical, and social) of child development and in maintaining a healthy and safe learning environment.
As assistant guide must be at least 18, and meet one of the 9 possible combined
credential, education and experience requirements, such as a high school diploma with
2,080 hours experience as an aide or intern and 12 quarter credits. (Requirements are
outlined on the DHS personnel form, and website)
Strong preference will be given to individuals who qualify at lead teacher level, and those with Montessori experience and/or training.
- Be a mature individual
- Have knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood
- Be able to work to an established schedule
- Have effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate well with both children and adults
- Be able to exercise tact, discretion and confidentiality
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily program, under direction of the Lead Guide
- Assist in preparing the classroom for day-to-day use, including supervision of general housekeeping tasks by children (and following up with same)
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times -be punctual, and appropriately attired
- Observe, record and report on the behavior of individual children as assigned
- Report to Lead Guide any concerns or problems which may occur with the children
- Attend staff and parent meetings and functions
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times
- Adhere to program policies and procedures, including licensing and educational requirement.
- Become knowledgeable with Montessori terminology and methods.
- Help to maintain a neat, sanitary and organized learning environment
A full job description will be made available on request
Compensation: Depends on qualifications. A core mission of Heartwood Montessori is to provide livable wages to all employees
Preschool education: 2 years
If interested, please email your resume along with contact information for 3 professional references. A full job description will be available via email, upon request.
We will conduct initial phone interviews as soon as possible, and would love to meet with you to discuss how you might become part of our wonderful community!
Position open until filled.