To apply for a position at Heartwood Montessori School, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are seeking in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Director of Pedagogy
Reports to: Executive Director
This is a full-time, year-round salaried exempt position.
• Know and comply with all DHS rule 3 licensing guidelines
• Substitute as a classroom teacher as needed
• Supervise staff in the absence of Director
• Help prepare daily/weekly/monthly/yearly plans for the school (includes scheduling, calendar, summer program)
• Implement policy changes and lead by example
• Implement procedures for meeting staff and parent needs
• Be present and visible at the school, addressing questions and concerns, and supporting teachers in their classroom.
• Attend and participate at all staff meetings, parent ed nights, open houses, and any additional meetings as requested
• Maintain all required certifications and professional development
• Actively participate in all program areas.
• Be familiar with all necessary functions of the school for day-to-day operations
• Participates in hiring, onboarding, and supporting staff including Lead Guides, Assistants and Aides
• Works with Executive Director to oversee recruitment efforts for available staff positions
• Train all new employees
• Oversees development, implementation and evaluation of Montessori programming
• Partners with Executive Director to develop, implement and monitor the professional development plan for the whole staff
• Special Education: Attends IEP meetings as needed
• Co-plans parent education events with Lead Guides
• Facilitates positive school climate through a strong professional learning community
• Encourages collaboration amongst staff and between classrooms
• Provides support for the Executive Director on recruitment efforts such as messaging and parent tours to keep Montessori pedagogy as primary focus
• Establish an annual strategy and calendar for professional development that directly supports the school’s mission and goals.
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
• Work with Executive Director to monitor the school’s progress towards its antiracist, anti-bias goals.
• Lead the development and implementation of antiracist, anti-bias curriculum and pedagogy in all classrooms.
• Plan and lead professional development for all Heartwood staff that builds
their individual and team capacity to identify and interrupt systemic
• Partners with the Executive Director on yearly classroom staff evaluations
• Offers staff support through problem solving, delegation, adaptive perspective and supportive feedback
• Meets with the Executive Director weekly for communication and collaborative problem solving
• Facilitates healthy feedback, timely follow through and accountability for the school’s pedagogical mission
Assist in the following:
• Manage consumables and order as needed
• Recommend all other purchases for approval
• Familiarity with the annual budget
• Prepare and collect tuition
• Prepare payroll input for processing
Education and Experience
• Montessori diploma from either AMI or AMS
• Master’s degree in education or a related field (preferred)
• Demonstrated successful Montessori Lead Guide teaching experience
• Demonstrated successful Montessori leadership experience
• Demonstrated experience with diversity, equity and inclusion work in
• Deeply committed to authentic Montessori education
• Extremely knowledgeable of the Montessori philosophy, scope and sequence, and instructional method for students in the Toddler Community and Children’s House.
• Committed to accountability for student growth and school performance
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong commitment to collaboration
• Strong commitment to equity and antiracism work with Heartwood students, staff and community
Afternoon Toddler Assistant
This is an hourly position, full-time non-exempt position.
THE IDEAL CANIDATE SHOULD:
- Demonstrate professionalism, reliability, and show interest in personal growth and continued education.
- Qualify under DHS Rule 3 as an assistant teacher; a background check will be required.
- Have, or be willing to obtain, First Aid and CPR certification within the first 60 days of employment (such training to be reimbursed by the school)
- Have experience working in a school or childcare center (preference will be given to those with Montessori experience)
- Demonstrate a desire to become knowledgeable with Montessori terminology and methods
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily program
- Work alongside children to promote classroom maintenance
- Observe, record and report on the behavior of individual children as assigned
- Report to Lead Guide any concerns or problems which may occur
- Attend staff meetings and family functions
- Supervise children at all times to ensure safety
- Help to maintain a neat, sanitary and organized learning environment
Join our sub list!
Heartwood is always looking to add to our sub list. If interested please submit your resume to email@example.com (with subject line, SUB APPLICATION: your name).