Preschool Assistant Teacher
Heartwood Montessori School is currently seeking a Preschool Assistant Teacher to join our community. Located in Northeast Minneapolis, Heartwood Montessori is a non-profit program serving children from 33 months of age through the kindergarten year. At Heartwood, we value community, partnership with parents, and a commitment to Montessori principles.
The ideal candidate should:
- Demonstrate professionalism, reliability, and show interest in personal growth and continued education.
- Qualify under DHS Rule 3 as a Teacher, a background check will be required.
- Have, or be willing to attain, First Aid and CPR certification within the first 60 days of employment (such training to be reimbursed by the school)
- Have experience working in a school or childcare center (preference will be given to those with Montessori experience)
- Demonstrate a desire to become knowledgeable with Montessori terminology and methods
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily program
- Work alongside children to promote classroom maintenance
- Observe, record and report on the behavior of individual children as assigned
- Report to Director any concerns or problems which may occur
- Attend staff meetings and family functions
- Supervise children at all times to ensure safety
- Help to maintain a neat, sanitary and organized learning environment
This is an hourly position, full-time non-exempt position.
Join our sub list!
Heartwood is always looking to add to our sub list. If interested please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line, SUB APPLICATION: your name).